2013-03-11

MIA (missing in action): Burda and La Mia Boutique

I used to pick up my issue of La Mia Boutique every month at my local books and magazines store, but the last issue I received is October! Since then, silence... By now I should have received at least the November, December, January and February issues (I'll be indulgent for March!). Seriously I don't know what the problem is with their distributor for the Province of Quebec, but I've seen sneak peeks on La Mia's Facebook and I want my La Mia Boutique!

The other problem is Burda. They have been remarkably consistent with their delivering over the years, but now, I don't know what's happening with them either. I see people already sewing from the March issue and I haven't even received my February issue! What's the problem with you, Burda? Grrr....

In the meantime, I turned to the spanish Patrones to feed my addiction for european sewing magazines. Over the last few months I built a solid collection of recent issues as well as older ones from past years which were excellent. I bought a lot on the german Ebay, sometimes for ridiculously high prices, and other times reasonable given the fact the magazine goes from Spain to Germany to Canada. It seems Patrones doesn't loose its value as the magazines almost always sell. In my opinion Patrones has the best styling of the 3 sewing magazines I buy, especially in the old issues. However, I noticed that since a couple of months the format has changed (the magazine is smaller) and the garments are more conventional, from designers like C&A, Cortefiel, Lasserre, Jocavi, El Corte Ingles, Morgan, Mango, etc. No more Cavalli, Prada, Miu Miu and Louis Vuitton it seems... We'll see if they can put up a couple of exciting issues in the upcoming months, otherwise I'm not sure if I'll continue going bankrupt for them! That thing is expensive!

The current issue of Patrones - a couple of good things, but overall I'm not impressed / Le numéro courant de Patrones - quelques bons trucs mais en gros je ne suis pas impressionnée


Cute top / Joli top
Patrones always had a fascination for shorts that I don't share - I live in a nordic country! / Patrones a tjrs eu une fascination pour les shorts que je ne partage pas, je vis dans un pays nordique!


They have a whole section devoted to jumpsuits;
good for you if you love them - I don't. /
Il y a une section entière consacrée aux jumpsuits;
bon pour vous si vous aimez ça - moi je ne suis pas fan.
I'm sorry to say... this is a horrible silhouette! /
Je suis désolée, mais cette silhouette est horrible!




J'avais l'habitude d'acheter ma copie de La Mia Boutique tous les mois à ma boutique de magazines, mais le dernier numéro que j'ai reçu est celui d'octobre! Depuis, silence radio... On est en mars et j'aurais dû recevoir les copies de novembre, décembre, janvier et février au moins (bon, je suis indulgente pour mars). Je ne sais pas quel est le problème avec le distributeur pour le Québec, mais je sais que ces numéros existent, j'en ai vu des extraits sur le Facebook de La Mia. S.v.p., je veux mon La Mia Boutique!

L'autre problème, c'est Burda. Ils avaient tjrs été très consistants dans leurs livraisons depuis quelques années, mais là, je ne sais pas ce qui arrive avec eux non plus. Je vois des gens qui cousent des trucs du numéro de mars et moi je n'ai même pas reçu ma copie de février! C'est quoi le problème, Burda? Grrrr....

Entretemps, pour nourrir mon addiction aux magazines de couture européens, j'ai dû me tourner vers le Patrones espagnol. Dans les derniers mois je me suis monté une jolie collection de magazines récents et de plus vieux numéros des années passées. J'ai acheté beaucoup sur le Ebay allemand, des fois à des prix ridiculement élevés, et d'autres fois à des prix plus raisonnables. On dirait que Patrones ne dévalue pas puisque les magazines se vendent presque immanquablement. Je dirais que Patrones a le meilleur 'styling' des 3 magazines que j'achète, spécialement les plus vieux numéros. Toutefois, depuis quelques mois je remarque que le format a changé (le magazine est plus petit) et les vêtements semblent plus conservateurs, de designers tels C&A, Cortefiel, Lasserre, Jocavi, El Corte Ingles, Morgan, Mango, etc. Plus de Cavalli, Prada, Miu Miu et Louis Vuitton on dirait... On verra bien si Patrones est capable de nous balancer quelques numéros plus excitants dans les prochains mois, sinon je ne suis pas sûre que je vais continuer à me ruiner pour eux. Cette chose coûte cher!

3 commentaires:

  1. Oh yes, you are so write about Patrones! I had also that thought that it is smaller , and a little annoying I just try to find something to like in it every month that its falling in my mailbox...I think I will not renew my subscription.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I do love jumpsuits! Are you interested in selling this issue? If so contact me via my blog (I'm on Wordpress so I don't see responses on blogspot) and let me know what you want for it. I can paypal you the amount. The postage will be to Australia. By the way I am selling some of my (new and old) Patrones, La Mia Boutique , Burda and Knipmode here so check it out if your looking for past/ current issues you missed. Cheers.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. La mia Boutique didn't get published for at least two issues. December and January I believe. They had some problems apparently. They posted this info only on Facebook (and in Italian) Normally they now started again. If I were you I would contact your seller to see if you can get an extensions to your subscription

    RépondreSupprimer