2012-12-30

My sewing Top 5 - #2

Kai Scissors / Mes ciseaux Kai

Let's continue with my Top 5 for 2012.

#2 on my list:
Kai scissors

One of the best sewing tools I acquired in 2012. I received the big ones for my birthday, a gift from my DH (I buy him knives, he buys me shears, does that mean something?). Those are 11'' long, model #7280. I LOVE them; they are better by far than anything else I've ever tried. If you want to cut through layers of denim like butter, that's what you need. Surprisingly, they are also very accurate and easy to manipulate in small sections like corners. The small ones are fantastic too, very sharp and accurate, great for trimming. I don't use any of my old pairs of scissors now, except for my Mundial pinking shears. I want to try all the other specialty scissors by Kai (serrated, pinking shears, etc.).

Stay tuned for my #1 tomorrow!

Continuons avec mon Top 5 de couture pour 2012.

#2 sur ma liste:
Ciseaux Kai

Parmi les meilleurs outils de couture que j'ai acquis en 2012. J'ai reçu les gros ciseaux pour mon anniversaire, cadeau de mon époux (je lui offre des couteaux, il m'offre des ciseaux, est-ce que ça veut dire quelquechose?). Cette paire mesure 11'' de long, c'est le modèle #7280. Je les ADORE; ils sont supérieurs à tout ce que j'ai essayé jusqu'à maintenant. Si vous voulez couper à travers des épaisseurs de denim comme dans du beurre, c'est la chose à avoir. Étonnamment, ils sont aussi très précis et faciles à manipuler dans les petites sections comme les coins par exemple. Les petits ciseaux sont fantastiques aussi, très pointus et précis, merveilleux pour recouper des coutures, cranter, etc. Je n'utilise plus mes anciens ciseaux maintenant, sauf pour mes ciseaux à denteler Mundial. J'ai envie d'essayer tous les autres modèles 'spéciaux' de Kai (serrated, ciseaux à denteler, etc.).

Restez branchée pour mon #1 demain!

4 commentaires:

  1. I would love some new shears just like these.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I wish you some, Gail! Those are fantastic, they make your life so much easier.

      Supprimer
  2. Are you going to list your #1 sewing item? I already have the SA Curve on my wishlist. Have to make some money first.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Karen, you're the push I needed! I had to take a much needed break after the Holidays, including blogging! But now my blogging mojo is coming back, so yes I will list my favorite sewing item of 2012!

      Supprimer