2010-05-01

A simple top/Un top tout simple


This Burda top (Burda magazine November 2008, pattern #113) is so very simple but sophisticated at the same time. We like the pleating at the waist, the fluidity of it, the fact that it is effortlessly chic.

I sewed two versions of this pattern; version no 1 is made from silk charmeuse, and the other version (not shown here) is made in a flowered silk crepe de chine by designer Anna Sui. Don't use anything stiff or bulky if you make this top. Silks and sheers will work best.

I like to wear my top with jeans or dressier pants. I imagine it would also look good with a pencil skirt, but I never wear them and I don't even own one (despite the fact that I think they're super cute).

For a touch of luxury, use silk thread, your hems and topstitching will look so much better.

To read the PR review, click here.

 Pictures by Jessy Bernier/Photos par Jessy Bernier







Ce top Burda (Burda magazine, novembre 2008, modèle #113) est tout simple mais sophistiqué à la fois. On aime: le plissé à la taille, sa fluidité, le fait qu'il soit chic sans trop forcer.

J'ai cousu 2 versions de ce patron; la version no 1 est réalisée en soie charmeuse, et l'autre version (non montrée ici) est réalisée en crêpe de chine fleuri, de la designer Anna Sui. N'utilisez rien de raide ou d'épais si vous faites ce top. Les soies et les tissus transparents seront parfaits.

J'aime porter mon top avec des jeans ou des pantalons plus habillés. J'imagine qu'il ferait bien aussi avec une jupe crayon, quoique je n'en porte jamais et je n'en possède pas (même si je trouve que les jupes crayon sont bien mignonnes).

Pour une touche luxueuse, utilisez du fil de soie; vos ourlets et vos sûrpiqures paraîtront tellement mieux.

Pour lire la critique sur Pattern Review (en anglais), cliquez ici.

5 commentaires:

  1. That's a very pretty top. I love the pleated peplum.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I normally would not have looked twice at this shirt but you have made me put in on my list of must makes. I especially like the way you styled it. Great job!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. oh yay! I made the sleeved version of this in a silk chiffon/voile type fabric and I wear it all the time. I hadn't thought to make it in silk satin, though. It's definitely one of those patterns where the tech drawing doesn't do it any justice...

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I was debating whether to make this top and after seeing your version I will. I love your version!

    RépondreSupprimer